Wyndlair Avalanche, ROM
Top Non-Champion Sire in Breed History
(Ch. Southland’s Beyond The Glory × Ch. Twin City Wyndlair Anthem)
Aiden was the result of one of the most pivotal breedings in the history of our Wyndlair breeding program. While a blue merle to sable merle breeding was not one we’d normally consider, we felt in our gut it was the breeding needed to take that next step toward our mental vision, combining the genetics of our finest two Collies.
From his birth, we knew Aiden was destined to be truly special. He possessed beautiful length, cleanness & lightness of head with a pretty profile, impressive outline, outline, strong rear, and a breathtaking presence. He had a vitality and zest for life that endeared him to many.
As his puppies began completing their championships in amazing style, our belief in him was affirmed. Aiden’s siring career leaves him as the #1 Non-Champion Sire in Breed History (30 Champions), including 2 – #1 Collies & 5 – BISS winners, 3 – Best in Shows, 2 – Reserve Best in Shows, Collie Club of America National Best of Breed, Collie Club of Canada National Best of Breed & Kem Memorial Sweepstakes Winner. He has cemented his legacy as a prepotent sire of type and quality, and one of the premier producers of his generation.
Some of Aiden’s most notable progeny:
Multi-BIS/BISS Platinum GCh. Wyndlair Cherokee Vindication
- #1 BISS-Winning Male in Breed History (40) – 2011 & 2012 #1 Rough Collie – 5X CCA Award of Merit Winner – 3X Best in Show Winner
Multi-G1/BISS Bronze GCh. Wyndlair Point Given
- 2014 #1 Rough Collie (Hawkins System) – 2014 CCA Select Dog, 2013 CCA Award of Merit, 2011 CCA Reserve Winners Dog & 2010 Kem Memorial Winner
- Sire of 2015 CCA WD/BW/Best Puppy, 2018 CCA BOV, 2019 CCA Select Bitch & 2021 Westminster Best of Breed.
Multi-BISS Taliesin Fresh Powder O’Paray
- 2019 CCA Best of Breed – Arguably Aiden’s finest daughter, and a multiple BISS-winner under our breed’s most esteemed judges. She is now closing in on our Register of Merit (ROM) as a producer. Her get include the 2015 Kem Memorial Sweepstake winner.
G1/BISS Ch. Taliesin Continuum
- Group 1 & BISS-winner of exceptional virtue.
Multi-G1/BISS GCh. Taliesin Fashion Forward
- 2011 #3 Rough Collie (Hawkins System)
BISS Am./Can. Ch. Taliesin Alfenloch Antarctic (See page)
- 2010 Collie Club of Canada National Specialty Best of Breed
- 2010 Collie Club of America National Specialty Award of Merit
GCh. Caublestone’s Crowd Pleaser
- 2012 Collie Club of America Select Dog (Smooth)
An unfortunate footnote in Aiden’s story was the attacks he endured from outside the Collie breed regarding his color. He had several stories written about him comprised of half-truths, speculation, and slander. None came from sources with any personal knowledge of him, of us, or our breeding program. We appreciated the Collie breeder community that strongly supported him and the several top breeders that utilized him in their breeding programs. To learn about our personal position on breeding merle-to-merle in Collies, click on the link.
We were blessed by Aiden’s life and remain grateful to him for his incredible impact on our breeding program.
Date of Birth
August 10, 2006