About Wyndlair Collie Puppies:
Our primary purpose when we plan a litter is to create the next generation of the Wyndlair bloodline, and in turn, improve our great breed, the Collie. Due to our commitment to focus on a limited number of dogs, we do not have litters frequently. We work from a reservation list, and most of our puppies have homes waiting for them before they are born. Those people who make Wyndlair Collies a part of their families will vouch that they are worth a little wait!
We don’t cut any corners in the raising of our litters. The care begins long before conception, ensuring our prospective mothers are in the best of health and condition. They are provided with optimal care & nutrition throughout their pregnancy and lactation. We personally assist in deliveries & continually monitor the first minutes, hours & days of the newborns’ lives. We leave nothing to chance. The precious new lives represent the evolution of the Wyndlair bloodline, the future of the Collie breed, and the prospective joy that will be realized in the puppies’ new families.
Wyndlair Collie Puppies receive all of the following care prior to sale:
- Puppy Vaccinations: Depending on the age of your puppy, it will have at least one round of its puppy vaccinations. We will provide you with a detailed vaccination schedule to share with your veterinarian.
- Worming: Our puppies receive regular preventative deworming to avoid any parasitical issues. Moving forward, your veterinarian can advise you on a program, based on your geographical location.
- Dewclaws Removed: Removed at 3 days of age, this simple procedure prevents a number of health & safety issues throughout the life of your Collie.
- Veterinarian Health Check: Every one of our puppies is examined by a veterinarian before it goes to their new homes. Rest assured, you are getting a HEALTHY Collie puppy. We guarantee it!
- Puppy Socialization: This is the key to ensuring that your beautiful puppy will quickly become a happy, well-adjusted family member. Our litters are raised in the home with an abundance of attention and handling. They are introduced to children, motorized vehicles, car rides, other pets, and more.
- Collie Eye Checks: We have our puppies’ eyes checked after 7 weeks of age by board certified canine ophthalmologists, Dr. Sam Vainisi & Dr. Gretchen Schmidt in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Our bloodlines are 100% clear of Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA).
- Ears Taped: Nothing is more beautiful than a Collie with correctly-shaped, set, and tipped ears. We begin taping all of our puppies’ ears by 7 weeks of age to aid nature in creating that beautiful expression Nothing separates a beautiful Collie from all the rest like beautiful ears.
- Spay/Neuter Contract: In accordance with the Collie Club of America’s Code of Ethics, all of our pet puppies are sold on a spay/neuter contract by 7 months of age.
- AKC Limited Registration: In compliance with the Collie Club of America’s Code of Ethics, all of our pet puppies are sold under AKC Limited Registration. This gives them eligibility for all AKC Events, Programs & Competition, with the exception of conformation and breeding rights.
Our Personal (& Written!) Puppy Guarantee:
All of our puppies are sold with a full guarantee that they are in good health at time of purchase. We offer a lifetime guarantee against any genetic disorder that would negatively affect the dog’s ability to be a happy & healthy member of your family.
Wyndlair Collie pet puppies are priced starting at $1,000.00. A Wyndlair puppy is truly special, and in its veins will run the finest bloodlines in the Collie world. You won’t find a more beautiful, healthy, or happy Collie puppy. Before making a decision on a Collie puppy, we encourage you to visit other Collie kennels first…and then come meet and see Wyndlair Collies. You may be surprised at the difference. Please contact us for international rates and requirements.
Puppy Reservation List:
We work from a reservation list for our puppies. Once you have decided on a Wyndlair Collie puppy and you have been approved, a $300 deposit will reserve your puppy, including any requests you might have (color, sex, etc.). Your deposit is refundable up to the point that your puppy turns 2 weeks of age. We breed for our breeding program first, and then for show/breeding prospects which we carefully place with approved, experienced Collie fanciers. However, in most litters do have a number of puppies that we make available to loving, permanent homes as family pets. If we do not anticipate being able to fulfill your special request within 6-12 months, we will still take your reservation, but we will not require a deposit.
Collie Coat Colors:
We typically have Collie puppies in four coat colors: Sable & White, Blue Merle, Sable Merle, Tri-Color. While the Official Collie Standard gives no preference to coat color, we understand that your personal taste may. If you have a preference for a certain coat color, please let us know and we will look to get you the Collie you envision. Please keep in mind that the more open you are on color, the more likely we can make something available to you with a minimal wait time.
If you have your heart set on a Wyndlair Collie, but you don’t live Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan or Iowa, no problem. We regularly ship puppies within the United States and Canada via Delta Airlines. Average shipping for a puppy ranges from $250-$300, depending on the destination. We also ask that you cover the cost of the required health certificate ($55) and crate ($35).
Show/Breeding Prospect Puppies:
Our Show/Breeding Prospect puppies are sold only to approved Collie Club of America members that have considerable experience and have demonstrated success, ethics, and commitment to the breed. Show/Breeding prospects are sold after 10 weeks of age. Prices start at $1,500 and terms may apply. Please contact us for international rates and requirements.
Adult Show Dogs/Breeding Bloodstock:
Due to our commitment to keep our numbers low, we occasionally make top adult bloodstock available to approved Collie Club of America members. If you are looking for a top-flight special to campaign in the ring, or an elite brood bitch to build your breeding program from, this may be the single most important purchase you will ever make. Wyndlair Collies have made a major impact for many successful breeders & fanciers around the world. Prices for these individuals start at $2,500.00, depending on champion status, progeny, and age. Please contact us for international rates and requirements.